I do, I don’t
The learner can conjugate and use pronouns correctly.
- Cards with a positive and a negative statement, e.g.
I smoke / I don’t smoke.
I sleep well / I don’t sleep well.
I dance salsa / I don’t dance salsa.
I speak Arabic / I don’t speak Arabic.
- Stand in a circle.
- Start by saying a positive statement that applies to you, e.g. I smoke.
- Form two groups according to the reactions of the learners: smokers and non-smokers.
- Point at one or more learners and make sentences, e.g.
We smoke and you don’t smoke.
He smokes and he doesn’t smoke.
- The next statement is done by a volunteering learner. S-he must choose a statement applying to him/her.
- Close the exercise by writing some conjugated verbs on the blackboard.
Tips for the instructor
- Teach the conjugation of irregular verbs in a later session.
- You can do this exercise after every session, with the new verbs.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.