- The learner can memorize numbers and colors.
- The learner can understand simple instructions.
Cards with images of the vocabulary related to the treated topic.
Mark a line of at least four meters on the floor.
- Divide the group into teams of two or three people.
- One learner stands at the end of the line. S/he shows the cards one by one.
- The other learner stands at the beginning of the line and follows your instructions:
Jump and land on your left leg on the left side of the line.
Jump and land with both legs on the right side of the line.
Repeat the pattern.
- While jumping the line, the learner names what is shown on the cards.
- When the learner reaches the end of the line, s/he starts from the beginning, with a more complex pattern.
- Switch roles.
Tips for the instructor
- Once the learner is comfortable doing the pattern, increase the level of difficulty by adding clapping the hands or touching the shoulder. This keeps the brain active.
- Combine this exercise with exercises 36 and 37 to make a trail.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.