Key Word Web
> 60 min.
> 60 min.
The learner can give personal information.
Paper and pen
- Give each learner a sheet of paper.
- Ask the learners to make an association web around the keyword home. Let them associate freely, until the sheet is filled.
- Guide each learner individually. Ask to explain some associations.
- Other keywords are
- Advanced group: Let the learners work in pairs. Correct the spelling.
- Beginners group: Help the learners with the spelling.
Stress how important it is to know your own story and that all stories have a right to exist and are equally important.
Tips for the instructor
- This is not an easy exercise for people with low language learning skills. However, the connection with their identity and history provides a context, important for consolidating vocabulary and language structures.
- Depending on the composition of the group and the chosen keywords, this exercise might evoke strong emotions. Be prepared.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.