- The learner can give and ask information.
- The learner can understand simple instructions.
- Form a circle, everyone standing at arm’s length from each other, facing each other.
- Ask the learners to hold their arms in front of them and to close their eyes.
- Ask them to put their left hand out, and take another hand at random.
- Ask them to do the same with their right hand.
- The learners are not allowed to hold both hands of the same person or the hand of their neighbour.
- Ask the learners to open their eyes.
- Ask the learners to untie the hitch as quickly as possible. They are not allowed to let go of the hands they are holding.
- Record the time.
- Repeat the exercise with the challenge to improve the time.
- Discuss afterwards the most efficient way to untie.
Tips for the instructor
Divide bigger groups into two or three teams.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.