The learner can use vocabulary about professions.
- Cards naming or depicting a profession
- Sit in a circle.
- Put the buzzer in the middle.
- Depict a profession, without moving, as a frozen statue.
- The first to guess the occupation, gets the next turn.
- If the learners cannot guess the occupation, you are allowed to mime it.
- Finish by repeating all the occupations.
- Let the learners comment on how the occupations were frozen.
- A learner begins by freezing a profession. When the profession is guessed, another learner joins in, changing the situation.
For example: The first learner portrays someone who works at the computer in the office. The next learner stands behind the ’employee’, playing a hairdresser. The employee plays now a client of the hairdresser. When this is guessed, the first learner goes back to the circle and a third learner joins in.
- Do a follow-up interview: ‘What other professions do we know?’
- Ask the learners to put a spotlight on the jobs they could or would like to exercise, or did in the past.
Tips for the instructor
- Make sure everyone gets a turn.
- Write the professions on the blackboard.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.