The learner can understand a story.
A list with the words that are left out of the text.
- Find a story suitable for the level of the group, whether or not related to the treated topic.
- Choose what words you will leave out when reciting the story.
- Make a list of these words.
- Print the text with the blanks and the list, a copy of both for each learner.
- Narrate the story a first time.
- Give each learner a copy of the text and of the list.
- Recite the story a second time.
- Stop at each blank.
- Ask the learners to find the missing word on the list.
- When the story is completed, ask one or several learners to read the story.
Tips for the instructor
- Afterwards, discuss difficult and new words.
- Choose a story related to your country or culture.
- This site contains fairy tales in different languages
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.