Text and guess
- The learner can write a short message.
- The learner can ask and give information.
- Free wifi
- Cards with the first name and the telephone number of each learner.
- Variant: Cards with an assignment, such as ‘Invite someone to go to the Ask for a doctor’s phone number. Ask to borrow something…’
- Give every learner a card. Make sure no one gets his/her own card.
- Each learner sends ‘Hello name’ to the person whose name is on the paper, without signing the message.
- The receiver guesses who the sender is by asking closed (yes/no) questions, e.g. Are you a man? Do you have black hair?…
- Beginners: Divide the learners in two groups: senders and receivers.
- Advanced: Each learner has two conversations running, one as sender and one as receiver.
- Add a card with an assignment. Once they have guessed the sender’s identity, they must complete the assignment together, e.g. What movie, When? What time? Where? …
- Review together words and questions that were not understood or known.
- Write a well formulated message on the blackboard.
- Discuss phrases relevant for the assignment.
Tips for the instructor
Join in with an odd number of students.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.