Run and Write
- The learner can pronounce texts correctly.
- The learner can spell correctly.
- Paper & Pens
Choose or write a text, related to known topics.
- Divide the group into tandems: a ‘writer’ and a ‘runner’.
- Let the writers sit down, with paper and pen.
- Let the runners stand a few meters away from their tandem writer, each with the text on a table behind them.
- Each runner reads and memorizes as much as s/he can, runs to his writer and dictates what s/he remembers. A runner is not allowed to write!
- Each writer writes down what s/he hears. S/he can ask the writer to repeat and to spell if necessary.
- Once a tandem has finished, the instructor checks if there are no mistakes. The instructor indicates the misspelled words; the tandem corrects.
- The first tandem to complete a correctly spelled text, is the winner.
Tips for the instructor
- Tell the learners it is easier to remember and dictate sentence per sentence.
- Choose the length of the text according to the group level.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.