Pass the Ball
The learner can understand simple instructions.
- Repeat the vocabulary for the body parts.
- Summon up together which body parts you can use to throw a ball.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- One team forms an outer circle, the other an inner circle.
- Give a learner of the outer circle a ball.
- S/he (A) appoints
a learner in the inner circle (B),
a way of passing the ball, e.g. with the foot, head, hand, knee
a learner in the outer circle (C).
- A throws the ball to B.
- B passes the ball to C, in the way chosen by A.
- Play till everyone has got a turn.
- Let the teams switch circles.
The exercise can be done using several balls at the same time.
Tips for the instructor
- Depending on the level, before the beginning of the game you must teach the vocabulary of how to pass the ball/what body part to pass the ball with. Gestures can help memorize vocabulary.
- For large groups, you can make more than one circle and do parallel activities.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.