On the bike together
> 60 min.
- The learner can understand instructions indicating directions.
- The learner can ask and give information about places.
- Maybe the local bike shop is willing to lend some?
- Material to fix a flat tire.
- Food, drinks, blankets… for a picnic, if planning one.
> 60 min.
Draw up a route, including interesting and nice places, e.g. a park, a petting zoo, a factory, a special bakery, a local beekeeper…
Before the cycling tour
- Discuss the route.
- Give safety instructions, especially with bigger groups, e.g.:
- Follow the instructor.
- Cycle one after the other.
- Stay with the group.
- When I raise my arm, we all stop.
- When I extend my arm to the left, turn left; to the right, turn right.
- Decide on the date, the starting point and time.
- Discuss who brings what for the picnic.
On the day of the cycling tour
- Repeat the safety instructions.
- On the tour, stop once in a while to take pictures.
Tips for the instructor
Together, look at the pictures taken on the tour. Use them to consolidate new words and to share memories.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.