Invisible card game
The learner can consolidate new vocabulary.
- Divide the group into pairs who face each other.
- Explain that each learner has a stack of invisible cards in his/her hand, numbered from one to ten.
- At the same time, both learners in each pair turn over a card from their invisible stack and put it on an invisible pile between them.
- Simultaneously both learners say the number of their card out loud.
- If both learners say the same number, they get a point.
- The first pair to gain three points, wins.
- Make it a bit more difficult by adding the face cards (king, queen and jack).
- Instead of numbers, you can use vocabulary of any treated topic, e.g. months, alphabet, the home countries of the learners, food, colours, animals…
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.