Honey, I’m here!
The learner can build up trust in her/ his learning partner.
· A big room
· A blindfold for each learner
Make the room safe. Move chairs and tables to the side.
- Divide the group into duos.
- Of each duo, one learner shouts Where are you? The other learner answers Honey, I’m here!
- Let each duo repeat this several times, especially if they don’t know each other well and consequently don’t recognize each other’s voice easily.
- Hand out the blindfolds.
- When everyone is blindfolded, help the learners to carefully move away as much as possible from their duo buddy.
- The purpose is to find your duo buddy by calling the sentence you practiced.
Evaluate the exercise:
What was it like to do this exercise?
What do you learn from this?
Tips for the instructor
The less the learners know each other, the greater the impact of this exercise.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.