Bring a thing
- The learner can tell a story.
- The learner can understand a story.
Ask everyone to bring an object evoking a memory, whether or not in relation to the treated topic.
E.g. topic ‘Food’: a herb, a vegetable, a sauce…
- Sit in a circle.
- Let the learners one by one tell a personal story about their object, evoking memories.
Invite the learners to comment on the story.
Tips for the instructor
This exercise might evoke strong emotions, especially when working with vulnerable groups. Be prepared.
Make sure all learners feel safe to share their story by giving some rules beforehand.
- Listen to one another.
- Do not interrupt.
- Respect every story and the evoked memories.
- React after the story is told.
Read more about these topics in our manual by clicking on the button.